Wednesday 25 July 2012

Men, It Is Time to Lose Weight


Men, we cannot starve ourselves and get thin, and we have to eat to lose weight!
Somewhere along the way, food became way too high a priority in our lives. The worst foods became the top priorities. I am talking McDonald's, I am talking Wendy's, and I am talking about all the other fast food joints that became our drug dealers. If you are reading this, you probably know exactly what I am talking about. I was eating for 2 or 3 people every time I sat down in those awful plastic chairs and booths. Yeah, maybe it wasn't expensive, but I was paying for it in other ways.
Buying food at the grocery store had become sad as well, I was skipping whole sections (you know which sections, but in case you don't, the sections with the natural, unprocessed foods.) My staple ingredients were things that don't even occur in nature, plus meat. Well, let me tell you, several trips to the doctor and a week off work for a battery of tests later, my diet was due for a major overhaul.
But, enough about me already, I just wanted you to know that I will always be in your boat. After years of overfeeding myself some of the worst foods on the planet, I will always crave my drug: Fast food. And, I imagine you feel that way as well. Some of the foods that have put people over the edge into obesity are candy, cake, pie, burgers, fried foods, and deep fried foods. Okay, if you agree that it is time for a change, then the first step is to get an understanding exactly where you are.
Yep, I am about to suggest it, keeping a food journal. You know what that means right? Write down everything you eat and drink for a week or two. Let's be honest, this list is going to get long. But you can't know where you are going, unless you first know where you've been. All that means is, not everyone can just start eating the "daily recommended" diet on the back of every food we buy. That 2000-2500 calorie per day, 70g of fat, and 250g of carbohydrates diet is not a very good starting point, but, it can be the final goal.
Okay, so you've kept your journal, and maybe it makes you a little sick to your stomach to read? Well good. Remember how I said we had to eat to lose weight? Why did I say that? I said that, because we aren't going on a diet. We are making a life change. In order to lose the weight and keep it off, we need to be doing something that we can do forever. Slowly, but surely, we can start to ease away from our drug of choice. Replace a burger binge with some fruits and vegetables, and guess what? Some fruits and vegetables taste good! Some drinks don't have sugar! Some snacks are natural! We just need to start making good choices. It starts with one step, and goes forever. Are you ready to start walking?
If you like what you read, come stop by my brand new website where I emphasize weight loss for men. I am not selling a product, and I don't charge any money. I simply want to get the best information into the hands of those who really need it. I am constantly updating it with Weight Loss Tips that are really working for me. Again, please stop by if you have the time. I look forward to meeting you.
Article Source:http://tinyurl.com/7lcbhax

No comments:

Post a Comment