Saturday 20 October 2012

How I Lost Close To 100 Pounds Following These Simple Tips

ByMiranda L Clarkson

Are you tired of being overweight? Or are you looking for the answer to what the best way to lose weight might be?

3 years ago, I sure was.

I decided to embark on a journey to not only learn the best way to lose weight but to change the way I live my life.

You see, I realized fairly quickly that the reason to why I was overweight was not because I didn't exercise but because my entire lifestyle was completely upside down.

I didn't know how to properly live a life full of enjoyment and fun.

Because of this I have decided after changing my life I want to try and change yours.

So, what is the best way to lose weight? I found it's a combination of exercise and nutrition as much as trying to focus on changing your lifestyle.

Here are 3 tips that I picked up that really helped me lose close to 100 pounds.

#1 Eat Less Carbs
As soon as I stopped eating carbs and focused on eating high-quality protein and fat, my weight started dropping.

But I have to be honest with you guys. Laying off the carbs was harder than I could have ever imagined - It felt as If I was walking around hungry all the time.

But you know what?

I hung in there.

I kept telling myself that this was something I had to do. I had to understand what the best way to lose weight was if I ever wanted to get back on the right track in life. Because somewhere along the road, I had lost it..

#2 A Strategic Workout Plan
I have done little to no exercise in my previous life and this was a big step for me.

Having a regular workout routine is something I will always try and keep up, and one that is recommended by almost all if you want a way to lose weight.

Here's my workout plan:

Monday: Hill sprints (x10)
Tuesday: Strenght training (upper body)
Wednesday: Easy walking
Thursday: Interval Biking - 45 secs 85% followed by 30 sec rest - repeat 15 times
Friday: Strength training (legs, abs)
Saturday: Running, 7km
Sunday: Rest day

This works wonders for me, and was designed by a professional named Alex Brown.

Please note: Initially Alex had designed my workout plan differently. It's only know when I am healthier and in better shape that I am undertaking the above mentioned plan. I recommend to contact a professional before starting any workout plan.

#3 Pictures
Yes, you heard me.. Pictures in all forms, shapes and styles.

I take photos of myself weekly to track my progress. It's great motivation to be able to see myself from week 1, and every time I feel like having some sweets I just look at myself from day 1 and tell myself that I never want to go back to that stage!

Another way I use photos is by having a photo of my dream body next to my bed. This helps me focused on my goal and to achieve great things on a daily basis.

If you are looking for more answers to what the best way to lose weight is, head over to www.totalhealthfix.com where you also will understand why almost all diets work if you know what you are doing.

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert

No comments:

Post a Comment