Wednesday 16 May 2012

HCG weight loss tips


It's been a while since I wrote anything about the HCG diet. When I first did the diet I had managed to lose over 40 lbs and have kept it off for over a year. I still currently run Healthy Solutions at my office to offer quick weight loss to help improve your health. But over the last year there has been more research and articles with changes to the diet. So I never would advise any of my patients to stray from the original Dr. Simeons Protocol, but I wanted to test this new research and see if there are any complications with doing any of it. So since I felt like I had a few more pounds to lose, I thought lets put them to a test.
Weight Gain
Funny thing is loading was a lot harder than and not as enjoyable as I anticipated. At first, I felt sick from having to eat a bunch of foods that my body was no longer used to and I would fill up faster than expected. I decided to start the diet on the new year like so many other people do for their New Years resolution. Well the first few days of loading did not go as well as planned. So I only increased 2 pounds for the loading phase.
Starting HCG Diet- Quick Weight loss again
Then I started the quick weight loss diet on Monday. My starting weight was 218.8 lbs. Today is Sunday and I weighed in at 207.4 pounds. Not a bad start for my first week. I did have 2 days this week where I had minimal to no weight loss. The first came on the second day of the diet where I only lost 0.4 lbs, but up to this point I hadn't changed any of the protocol, but I had lost 4 pounds that first day. So sometimes a big jump in weight loss will slow you a bit to allow your body to catch up. The second time was last night. However I did have a big change in the diet protocol. I had made a French Onion Soup for lunch and then a Beef soup for dinner. I had already had the French Onion Soup earlier in the week with no stall. I believe it had to do with either to soups or the beef soup. I believe it was the beef soup because of the spices I used. I used Season All which is allowed on the diet and contains salt, but I made the beef soup with an Organic beef broth which also has a lot of salt. So I think the lack of weight loss last night was from all the salt causing water retention.
Diet Changes
The main diet changes I made this week (please don't try this without doctor supervision and especially if it is the first time you are doing the diet. I have not completed my research and can not tell you if this will cause any stalling in your quick weight loss):
1. Made Kool-Aid using Stevia (No more than one glass a day)
2. Using Bell Pepper as a vegetable in some of my meals
3. Using Poblano Pepper as a vegetable in some of my meals
4. Mixed a tiny bit of Celery with a cup of Onion, in my French Onion Soup.
5. Had home-made Salsa with one meal.
6. Using Walden Farms Salad Dressing
These are some of the different things I have done this first week on the HCG diet that are not part of Dr. Simeons Original Protocol. As stated above, I only had two stalls this first week, with the second being from the change in protocol. As I go through this I will continue to update you on my progress and also share many of the recipes I use with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment